The call for papers for SST2022 is now closed.
The Australasian Speech Science and Technology Association is pleased to call for papers for the 18th Australasian International Conference on Speech Science and Technology (SST2022). SST is an international interdisciplinary conference designed to foster collaboration among speech scientists, engineers, psycholinguists, audiologists, linguists, speech/language pathologists and industrial partners.
Submissions are invited in all areas of speech science and technology, including:
- Acoustic phonetics
- Analysis of paralinguistics in speech and language
- Applications of speech science and technology
- Computer assisted language learning
- Corpus management and speech tools
- First language acquisition
- Forensic phonetics
- Hearing and hearing impairment
- Languages of Australia and Asia-Pacific (phonetics/phonology)
- Low-resource languages
- Pedagogical technologies for speech
- Second language acquisition
- Speech signal processing, analysis, modelling and enhancement
- Speech pathology
- Speech perception
- Speech production
- Speech prosody, emotional speech, voice quality
- Speech synthesis and speech recognition
- Spoken language processing, translation, information retrieval and summarization
- Speaker and language recognition
- Spoken dialog systems and analysis of conversation
- Voice mechanisms, source-filter interactions
We are inviting two categories of submission: 4-page papers (for oral or poster presentation, and publication in the proceedings), and 1-page detailed abstracts (for poster presentation only). Please follow the author instructions in preparing your submission, and use the provided templates. Submission will be via Easychair.
The SST2022 programme will also include two exciting special sessions. Authors of 4-page papers will be able to indicate on submission whether they want their presentation to be considered for one of these.
Early-career researchers submitting papers may be eligible to apply for the ASSTA New Researcher Award at the time of submission. Please see full scheme details via the ASSTA website.
Review criteria for papers and abstracts
Submitted papers and abstracts will undergo double-blind peer review by expert reviewers. Submissions will be evaluated on the basis of:
- Relevance to the scientific areas of the Australasian International Conference on Speech Science and Technology
- Clarity of the research goals, approaches and findings situated within a well-articulated research context
- Novelty and value of the contribution relative to previous research on the topic
Authors of accepted submissions are expected to revise their papers and abstracts on the basis of reviewer comments, and resubmit final deanonymised versions of their submissions by September 23rd 2022. Accepted papers will be published in the conference proceedings, and accepted abstracts will be made available via the conference website.
Deadline for submissions: 24 June 2022 (11:59pm Niue time, UTC -11)
- Notification of acceptance:
31 August 20221 September 2022
- Deadline for upload of revised submissions: 23 September 2022